Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Can't Love in a World Without Rain?

雨の降らない星では愛せないだろうか?(Ame no Furanai Hoshi de wa Aisenai Darou)

It's a pity this song wasn't released officially. I fell in love with it the first time I heard it. And it was a lousy low quality recording mind you. With visuals and in much better quality, the song is beautiful. And to prove it...

this.



The piano intro is awesome and so is the build up to the part where the orchestral comes in. All the girls are trying their darnest to look sad/touched/gentle (?) A few pull this off (Captain, Sayumi, Maimi). Sayumi especially. I wanna reach into the monitor and hug her whenever she appears on screen. I don’t know why but I wanna laugh when I see Risa do it. Jun Jun (what's with the face touching? XD) and Lin Lin sang their parts well. Lin Lin was the better singer here in my personal opinion. I thought it was funny when everyone was looking at her when she was singing. Again, Risa cracked me up with her over-emoting during the hand action bit XD

Yurina’s face zoomed in on the large screen was kinda awkward. I wonder how they decided on Miyabi's hand over her chest (I'm sorry for having p**** thoughts here when I shouldn't have) to focus on out of all the 50 (?) odd girls?

Fan-made OPV



Most of the pictures used in this I have never seen before. Great choices since all of them show off the closeness and great relations between the girls. Do I feel a tear emerging? I think I do *sniff*

4 comments:

Shizuka Junko said...

Yo. I made a translation on my blog, and if you still can't figure out who I am after I post the link, you are made of major FAIL, hammy. XD

Translation

Hammy said...

Of course I know who you are. How could I not? :D Great job on the translation. Makes the song so much more meaningful :)

steph said...

who the hell is krista? ---> first thought.

Hmm nice song, meaningful but... boring? It's like Aruiteru again... haha. Not my type la! Really nice lyrics tho.

Shizuka Junko said...

Whatever la, stef. Lol. I got that ID 4 years ago, so sue me. :P