Thursday, October 9, 2008

Something I Seemed to have Forgotten

I always thought the first fanfic I would post on my shiny new blog would be my own. But alas that was not to be as I stumbled upon a fic that I like a lot at the moment. In fact, I'm still feeling the tingling sensations after reading it.

The pairing is one that I used to like very much. No, let me rephrase that. It was a pairing I was once CRAZY over. And the 2 are Niigaki Risa (my dear NiNi) and Tanaka Reina (07). Those who know me from my early days in the H!P fandom should still remember how much I loved the young yankii back in the day. There was even a period where I posted frantically in both their threads. The amount of talk going on in Tanakacchi's thread was so substantial that the administrators had to remind us time and again to stop deviating and going off topic.

If you ask me now, I can't really explain why or how my love for Reina diminished so significantly. Perhaps it was after she started winking incessantly, or maybe it was due to her obvious lack of yankii-ness and explosion of the cute image that I don’t enjoy seeing her portray.

Even so, reading Omame’s ‘Burning’ brought back memories of my adoration for this pairing. And so I wanted to share this with other Gaki-san fans (if anyone at all is reading my blog) as GakiReina or ReiKi (I just came up with this) is not impossible and is actually rather enjoyable and refreshing. Thus, thank you for the great read Omame-san. I also find the little banner you did for the fic irresistible. Nicely chosen pics and I can’t help but be mesmerized by the mood/emotion channeled by both girls.



BURNING

No comments: