Thursday, October 9, 2008

You Know 2009 Will Be A Great Year






I love Risa loads and adore Morning Musume tremendously as a whole. However, I have long given up on having nice MM calendars for a while now. With UFA’s infamous reputation, they almost always manage to screw things up in some way or another. Nevertheless, when I saw the cover for the 2009 calendar I felt a surge of renewed hope. After all, the girls have an actual, real backdrop this time instead of simply standing in front of a green screen.

I don’t know if ampedechoz over at JPM was the original up-loader or did he get the pictures from someone else. Nonetheless, bless him for giving the fans an early preview. Now I know I didn’t order this one in vain. I’m expecting sales to shoot up considerably with this leak. I mean how can one, especially a MM fan resist buying 7/8 huge poster-like sheets with 6 incredibly gorgeous girls in full color? (I’m not gonna specify who the 6 are).

From the looks of the 4 preview pics, Ai-chan is placed with the pandas for the months of January and February. I’m guessing the others will be split into TanaKamei (do I hear ecstatic screaming everywhere by joyous worshippers of this pairing?), GakiShige and KohaMittsui. I’m disappointed that there won’t be TakaGaki or GakiKame but in any case I’m contented with having GakiShige. November and December has GoRokkies (YAY!), loving those Ugg boots by the way. Sayumi looks incredible and Reina ain’t so bad. Eri has this expression I can’t decipher while Ai looks cute in that hat. Risa is…well she is…I don’t know how to say this except that this hairstyle isn’t the best she has had. The spontaneous shots at the bottom of each page are a nice touch and they show you how close the girls are.

I'm annoyed and sad that photos are given out with every purchase of MM DVD Mag 19 (which includes footage of the making) or the calendar itself. Why am I not living in Japan?!?!?

I. Can’t. Wait. for my calendar to arrive.

No comments: