Monday, October 13, 2008

Takahashi Ai in Lead Role

Ai-chan~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, Takitty isn’t really in my top 3 in terms of Momosu rankings. Nonetheless, I’ve always found her to be the best singer, a great dancer (though not as excellent as Kamei) and incredibly pretty in a non-threatening way. Oh and she definitely looks darn cool and drool worthy when she’s dressed up as a guy :D IMO, she beats the socks off any JE member by a mile.

When I first heard news that Ai-chan landed the female starring role in a “dorama” on primetime TV, I was over the moon. You don’t know how long I’ve been wishing for something like this to happen. Of course I would be even more delighted if it was Gaki-san who got it. Except that I’m somewhat of a practical person, meaning I don’t dream of the unattainable (most times anyway) so I understand that Risa getting a big role in any drama is almost impossible. If UFA play their cards right, we should be seeing Reina, Eri or Koharu follow Ai’s lead in time to come.

The plot reminds me of ‘Young Kindaichi’, where detective skills are required to solve various mystifying cases. Ai’s role is of a cheerful, energetic and athletic high schooler who accompanies the young 15 year old prodigy who graduated from a prestigious American university. I think there is about a 6 to 7 year age between these 2 in real life. After viewing the clip below, I don’t have any doubts that Ai can pull this off. The guy looks old for his age and so much bigger @@ I don’t know why I noticed his bushy brows. Isn’t that rare in a society where guys pluck their brows really finely?

Anyway, back to the drama. With a good character/role coupled with adequate acting skills (which Ai-chan does possess by the way), this might just open the door to non-wota fans getting into H!P. I’ve nothing against wotas, in fact I kinda admire them for daring to do some of the stuff they do. It’s just that I would like more of the general public to see that MM is much more than simply another idol group who can’t do anything aside from appealing to old men by flashing some skin. Stop brushing MM or any of the other H!P groups off damn it! These girls have the whole package. They are gorgeous, talented (let’s not include Sayu or Koha in this category but hey, they make up for it in other ways), are nice, fun and bursting with interesting personalities (at least when they get the chance to show it off).

2009 January is many months away and already I can’t wait for the year to end. I want to witness Ai-chan in all her cute, youthful and endearing glory as Mizuhara Kana. Ten full episodes of Q.E.D. 証明終了 (Q.E.D Shoumei Shuuryou) FTW!!

2 comments:

Shizuka Junko said...

Nonetheless, I’ve always found her to be the best singer, a great dancer (though not as excellent as Kamei)

OI. Ai is so much better, ok? XD

And guess who~ :P

Hammy said...

I beg to differ? Then again, it all boils down to opinion. Stefy agrees with me btw XD