Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Salt & Pepper

That was an unbelievably lame title, I admit that. It’s just that I never fail to think of salt and pepper whenever Pepper Keibu comes up. I’m not even that big on food so I have no idea why this is the case. Anyway, I’m somewhat cheesed off that MM’s 37th single only had 2 live performances. I miss the days where they were on virtually every programme to promote their new singles. There was Music Station, Utaban, PopJam and loads more that I can’t remember at the moment. Because HM got shortened and the whole concept of the show changed, MM didn’t even get to perform Pepper Keibu on HM@. At least I think they didn’t since I never got to see a video.


MUSIC JUMP

Don’t some artists get to perform in front of a live audience? Why didn’t MM get to do that this time? The Onna ni Sachi Are performance was a blast with fans/wota yelling and clapping. I want something like that instead of them singing to nobody in particular. The same thing happened for C-ute’s Namida no Iro. Which is a pity cus no one would know how awesome these songs were if they didn’t tune into the show. From what I gather, MJ isn’t the most popular music programme around.

Moving on, ooohhhh nice move there Risa. Hawt. Ai-chan was kinda loud in her first line. More hawt Risa action with the ‘whatever-you-call-that’ jerking thing and head tilt. Koharu’s looking pretty good herself. Gah….Gaki moving that butt *dies* Koharu’s ‘I’m-sticking-a-fingergun-in-ya-face’ pose was perfect. A balanced mix of genki and cool rolled into one.





MUSIC FIGHTER

Where is the freaking talk segment?! MF appearances are constantly entertaining to watch given that Sayumi and the female host (what’s her name again) have these little bickering episodes over who is cuter. This time there was none of that. All MM got was less than a minute of talk time which was wasted on screening parts of the RB PV and Reina informing people about her 1.1 cm gain in height. She could have at least said something more compelling and while she looked great in her photo, what does it have to do with growing taller? I'd much rather Kame or Ai-chan did the talking instead. Eri would surely be funny and Ai-chan deserves it after losing both solo lines in the song to the ex-yankii. Yes Sayumi, you are meccha meccha kawaii~~ Wasn't GakiShige adorable? Sayu looking straight at Risa and Gaki pointing madly back with that rubber faced expression :)

I like the shooting technique for this performance over MJ’s. Here you get a variety of shots including panned out ones which allow you to see where the other girls are and how they’re dancing. Hot Risa move detected! The dance break is the best part of the song. I’m guessing the camera was too close to Gaki-san as she didn’t extend her leg fully when she did the kick. Ai-chan was definitely the cutest one here. Eri was adorable as well but there were too little scenes of her.

2 comments:

Shizuka Junko said...

Something tells me that due to your self-imposed post limit for Gaki's birthday, all your eloquence has flowed here. Otherwise you would have exploded from not being able to post as frequently. Haha. XD

Hammy said...

You know what, I think everything you've said is true. I would have never realized how terrible it was to restrict myself from posting in the forum if not for this experience. I'm gonna zhen(1) xi(1) that much more from now on XD