Monday, August 2, 2010

Things You Never Knew...

I rather like watching solo angles as they give me never seen before scenes which are mostly left out of the actual concert DVD. And as one camera shadows one girl, you can pick up the little habits they have, their interaction with the other members, whether they sing along when it's not their lines, if they smile when the camera is not focused on them, wardrobe malfunctions etc. In other words, the side of them you don't often see.

Hence in the latest set of solo angle DVDs from the 9 Smile tour, I couldn't wait to watch K4's. Though that is to be expected :P

I have not sat through the entire vid of all 4 girls yet but I have seen enough of each to have an idea of what the whole thing will be like. If I were to rank their watchability in accordance to my preference, the list would look like this.

1) Ai
2) Eri
3) GakiShige (Yep, they are tied for 3rd spot)

Are you surprised at the result? If you aren't, that'll be strange. Cuz I am XD

I thought that Kame would take 1st position but in the end it turned out that Ai's was the one I'm most fond of. The reasons are as follows:

Takahashi Ai-chan

I liked her hair style this time, her expressions were suitable for the songs, her dancing had the appropriate strength and power. Meaning her moves didn't come across as too forceful or exaggerated. Plus, the way she perspired made her look really sexy? ^^; Originally I only wanted to check if the file had finished downloading that's why I opened it. However, I ended up sitting through more than 80% of the concert at one time and this is the most out of all the K4 vids. Oh, another point to note, Ai doesn't appear to be tired at all? In fact she just gets increasingly hyped up and it makes me wanna jump up and yell along with her when she gets the crowd going :) 'Nanchatte Renai' (or maybe 'Genki') is my choice for best Ai perf though she was awesome in many more. She was just channeling bad girl in here *swoons* Oh! 'Kioku no Meiro' was all kinds of hawt as well. See what I mean by Ai's is the DVD to watch? :)


Kamei Eririn

Moving on to the middle manager. Hmmmm, I noticed she kept doing something with her mouth? Honestly I don't know what she's up to. Is she swallowing her saliva? XD Then she must have a lot of it cuz she does it really frequently. Still, her dance makes up for that little flaw. Eri has always been my favorite to watch when it comes to dancing. And of course she is pretty. Was there any doubt that she wouldn't be? It's easy to lose track of time when watching her. She's just incredibly gorgeous in so many ways. *Ahem* Her face, figure and character. *Cough* She seems to sweat the most out of the 4 to the extent that I'm worried about her fainting from dehydration. Somebody, pass the turtle a water bottle! XD

PS: Gawd, Eri was so stunning in Sukura Mankai that I forgot to breath *drools*


Niigaki Risa

I had a hard time deciding between these 2. They both have their good and bad sides. I didn't want to have them share the same position but I really couldn't decide.

Gaki-san has a great voice imo and I love to hear her sing. BUT, she can be rather over the top when performing. And in this concert, she was wayyyyyyyyyyyy over the top ^^; As a mame fan, I hate to see her rank so low. But I can't deny how I couldn't stomach many portions of her DVD? I mean, I really wanted to laugh when she emotes in a "sexy" manner. I think she was shooting for sexy? But it kinda fails? And her eyeliner + mascara + eye shadow + whatever didn't suit her well. I don't know, it made me feel like she had a role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Oh man, I sound like I'm slamming her aren't I? I love my bean! I do. It's just that I wish she would tone things down a little :P I know she can be really cute, hawt, sexy and all that but sadly in this DVD, she couldn't achieve them for the most part. It's okay though Risa, when it comes to the crunch, I'll still pick you over the rest :D And I found how you tossed away your hair band during 'How do you like this Japan?' so very kakoii :) There were quite a number of heart stopping moments in 'SONGS.'


Michishige Sayumin

I think it's known to fans that Sayu doesn't have the best stamina in the group. It's quite clear that she becomes tired fast and her dancing isn't the best. When a video shows all the members, it's less obvious that her dance needs polishing (especially when they zoom in to only show her upper body). But in a solo angle DVD, it kinda shouts out to you that his girl isn't made to dance. Still, I like how she makes the effort to mouth the lines though it's not her turn. And Sayu has the most amazing smile when performing. She makes me feel that she really enjoys being in MM and she's not doing it just for the fame or money. Points were deducted for her hair. Oh dear usagi-chan, haven't you realized by now that sexy and mature works for you more than kawaii? And she needs to learn how to not look as though she's zoning out when someone else is singing. In her defense, Shige-san was absolutely ADORABLE in SYO. Something about that dance suits her well :)

5 comments:

AlwaysAi said...

LOl..i'm surprise!!!
and i loled at those u said about gaki..LOl

Hammy said...

Tee hee, I'm bad to Gaki hor :P But is a bit erm.... XD But it's ok? I still love her <3

AlwaysAi said...

yoou are always bad to gakisan..XD

Hammy said...

I wanna be good ma...just that.... :P Okay, don't reply this. I think I might know what you will say XD Or maybe you won't know, haha. *acts mysterious*

AlwaysAi said...

^ehhh..wat u wanna say?!!! *&#*(&$(