Friday, November 5, 2010

The 6kkies Apologize

I saw a pic of TanaKamei with the "funny" eyes action on someone's blog before I found out about the whole controversy. At that time, I didn't link that to making fun of any nationality. It was just fooling around and having fun.

Then when the news broke, I was surprised that it became so big. I mean, isn't it over-reacting? I get that some people are more nationalistic than others but still, it doesn't warrant freezing the girls' blogs or headlining it on yahoo news.

The most ridiculous part was entertainment shows reporting on this as well. Why don't they feature MM when they go to the Expo or promoto the doggy help program. Why can't they praise the group when they raised funds for earthquake victims?

Frankly, I'm super annoyed about this. And if they wanted to do a report at least get their freaking facts right. How the hell could anyone mistake Ai for Eri?! They don't even look that alike in my opinion. They are both extremely pretty but that doesn't mean they can be mixed up like this!! GAH!! I'm not amused.

Now that the girls have apologized on their respective blogs (Kame did it on Reina's), they can continue to post entries. But I'm certain there will still be people making unkind remarks about them for this. It already started with comments about things like their apologizes aren't really written by them or that they weren't sincere in saying sorry. Come on!! Everyone makes mistakes and it just happened that this time it was something which treaded on some people's toes. But can't people forgive and forget? Just let it go already.



I'm sure the 6kkies feel bad enough without having more bad things said about them. I'll continue to support the bunny, kitty and turtle. They don't deserved to be flamed like this. None of MM does. Ganbatte kudasai 6th gen!

No comments: