Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Japan Trip 2010 Entry #1 ~ Kyoto Edition

For the first time in my life, I went to Japan. I wasn't certain if I should have gone in the beginning since there were quite a number of factors holding me back. But in the end I'm glad I did go. The main driving force behind my decision to go ahead and fly to the land of Sakuras was so that I could the 2010 MM Spring Concert Pika Pika. This trip was made with Stef, Estrea and Badsaints and boy was it a crazy one XD

I'll be posting entries about the trip but they won't be in order as I write based on 'feel' :P And currently my mind feels like talking about Kyoto so here it is.

-----

We began our journey on the 8th of April. And on the 6th day in the country, we went to Kyoto. Previously, we were in Tokyo and Yokohama. For Kyoto, we stayed for two nights in this place called 'Capsule Ryokan.' It doesn't look too shabby does it? Badsaints has a great nack for seeking out affordable and comfortable lodging. *salutes* I've never slept on tatami mats and a mattress like this before so I looked forward to the experience. (Sorry about the mess at the corner of the pic. I took off and threw my jackets there as soon as the guy who showed us in left ^^;)


Only problem was, the shower was within the room. And the panel doesn't look very opaque? Yabaii ne~ This could be embarassing.



Inside, the bath looks like a part of a spaceship. Or maybe my brain is filled with so much of Morning Musume that my thoughts just automatically shift towards Eri :D


A random street. Looks right out of a documentary or an olden time period huh? I kept thinking this route lead to some dingy bathhouse. Obviously I was wrong :P I did want to experience what it felt like to take a bath in a public bath? But due to *ahem* some reason, I had to shelve that plan.


Random signs with TakaGaki and Tanaka, Because I'm stupid and a Mowota XD


This tower was visible from our room window but the shot I took of it was in the night and not too clear. Hence, this picture shows what the structure looks like in the day.


Oh and Risa likes to eat Okonomiyaki right? We had that for dinner one of the nights in Kyoto. This place looks nice doesn't it? Feels very authentic ^^


The drinks we ordered came as we were waiting for the dish to be prepared. Guess what each of us got? From left to right, Oolong tea for me, beer (I think it was Asahi?) for Stef and Sake for Estrea. What can I say? I'm a good kid so I don't drink :P


The end product! I know I took pics of this on the plate with the funny mini spade looking thing on the side. But I can't seem to find it in the picture folder. My Aiphone or Mac-cy probably acted up again *sigh*. Unfortunately my things don't seem to like me much


On our last day in Kyoto, we visited two temples which were within walking distance of each other. The whole atmosphere of the surroundings is very surreal and peaceful although there were people about.


For some reason I like this water feature. I think you can pour the water into your hand with the scoop and drink from it? But I'm not sure what it's supposed to symbolize.



6 comments:

AlwaysAi said...

hammy u are pervert!XD

Hammy said...

Ehhh nanede? Why am I a pervert? I wasn't thinking of Eri being in the bath! I meant the shower looks like a spaceship and that reminds me of Kame cuz she is an Erien. Omg I'm extremely innocent, don't say I'm not xD

AlwaysAi said...

u are not!!LOl
i bet u is dreaming of kamei bathing inside!!!LOL

Hammy said...

I never thought of that before this, HONEST! But now that you have mentioned it...hmmmm... :P

Unknown said...

Wah~! Kyoto looks good. LOL at having the shower in the room but well, if it works then why not?

The water at the shrines etc are supposed to be used like this - wash one hand, wash other hand, pour some in hand and drink / swill out mouth, use rest to clean the handle of the scoop thing. I think it's to purify yourself before you go and pray...possibly.

Argh, you wimped out and had oolong tea?!?! Come on Hammy!!! BTW - Risa's favourite is Monjayaki but the names kinda similar. Okinomiyaki is awesome so I give you props. Can I ask where you ate it too? In the little arcade outside of the train station?

Hammy said...

@Laura: Ahhh, I understand now. I'll keep that in mind if I ever get to visit again :)

I get flushed really easily so I thought it'll be best not to drink that day :P Monjayaki!! Oh crap *slaps self* how did I make that mistake @@ Okay, that will be the next food item on my list to eat XD

There is a place that sells this outside the train station?!?!? Kyoto station? I never saw such a place *groans* I should really walk around with my eyes open >.< We had it in a little place within walking distance of the Capsule Ryokan.