Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Japan Trip 2010 Entry #2 ~ Niigata Edition

While traveling on the Shinkansen to Niigata, this was on the second last day of our trip. I realized that the scenery changed from looking like spring to winter. At certain parts, the roofs of houses and mountains were capped with snow. And the temperature in the carriage was cooler than how it was when going to other parts of Japan on this train system. Not too many pics here since my Aiphone can't zoom in to capture better photos ^^;


This is how it looks from Niigata station.


Scenes along the way as we walked to the mall. All in all, I think Niigata is a nice place to live in if it wasn't so darn cold.


This shot almost seems like a postcard :)


I'm happy I got to visit Niigata since it's Koharu and Makoto's hometown. But I think the part where those two stay could possibly be more rural than where we were at.


This is yakisoba with spaghetti sauce. Strange combination no? We bought this as a meal to eat on the train ride back to Tokyo.

But apparently this is what Koharu has recommended people to try cuz it isn't sold anywhere else in Japan. I bought the flavor she likes :)


The view from the window as we were leaving Niigata in a cab. I have to say I love how you don't have to open the doors to the taxi yourself as they are automated. I get such a kick out of watching the door open and close by itself XD


Bai bai! Tokyo back I go~

2 comments:

mr. pineapple man said...

what a fun blog! keep up the great posts~

Hammy said...

Thank you ^^ I hope the reads are entertaining for you :)