Monday, March 29, 2010

When A Miracle Makes You Cry

After waiting ages to be able to buy this DVD (it's the monetary issue, what else XD), and another 8 working days for it to ship to me, I finally have it in my hands!!! Koharu's graduation concert DVD that is - 9 Smiles.

I bought the overseas version cuz it was supposed to have subtitles and I really wanted to know what the other members told the graduating miracle. Unfortunately, the company who makes these editions somehow goofed up hence the first DVD doesn't have it. Blah! *grumbles* They are lucky DVD 2 has the subs or blood will be spilled XD

-----

The highlight of this concert is definitely the portion where heartfelt speeches are made to Koharu and vice versa. I think it's hilarious how the Nanakie kept wanting to talk about her senpais when the section was meant for them to tell her stuff :D

Ai's part was what I expected of leader. She spoke of how she felt with Koha being the first kouhai she had to see off. I understand completely where she is coming from as I too would have felt the same way.



For Gaki-san, I think it's great how she reminded Koha to be thankful for the people who gave her help and who support her. I felt that this is one aspect that a lot of entertainers (especially the popular ones) forget about after a while. After hearing Risa say this, I feel happy to be her fan ^^

Kame...awwww, the way the tears kept running down her face made me wanna hug her so bad. Her eyes are really pretty when she cries. (Hee, this isn't very relevant to this post but I can't help talking about it. Eri is just so beautiful.) I thought it was sweet of her to stay back and help Koharu with the dance steps even when she had her own things to practice. She must be a good teacher for the miracle to catch on more easily from her than from the actual dance teacher.


Shige-pinku's speech was the best imo. It was funny to make the sad atmosphere not so gloomy and allowed the fans to see another side of both her and her kouhai. I laughed when Koha-pinku called Sayumin by her Rainbow Pinku nickname :) It's so true what transpired between them. Usagi-chan might be really mean with the things she says, but she is kind and this can be seen by how she treats Eri. Sometimes I feel bad for her to be the one giving more than she is receiving. Then again, we don't see what goes on daily in their lives so Kame might be treating her very well also.

Ahhh the yankii. It's surprising that Koharu manages to see so deeply within quite a few of the members. She feels that Reina seems tough on the exterior but inside she really is a softie being warm and kind-hearted. I find that very believable. Apparently Reina also worries for her a lot and is someone Koharu talks to about her problems. To me, the kitty just wants to hide her vulnerable side in order to protect herself. Thus she doesn't cry in front of others.

As I was watching Aika, I really felt bad for her. From what she said, you could tell she greatly wanted to fit in and be liked. And she was envious of how her similarly aged senpai (their ages are apart by only a few months) could speak and behave so freely. She spoke of how she watched Koharu from afar and wondered how she could be like this. Then at this point Koharu said "you should join us." I don't know why I smiled upon hearing it. I guess I think it's sweet that she would want to engage Aika?

I know I have ever said I liked Jun Jun more in the beginning but this was overtaken by Lin Lin. But I think JJ is making a comeback. What struck me the most about the taller panda's speech was how she looked forward to get to know Koharu more only to have that hope dashed when the announcement of her graduation was made. She didn't understand why must there be graduations. And I don't too :( Despite her acting cute more these days, I can find it in myself to overlook that. After all, when my fave member is the reaction queen, what else can't I stomach? XD

Lin Lin is the funny, air-headed member who makes Ai laugh. I hate not having TakaGaki but I love seeing leader happy. So if having Lin Lin around does just that, then so be it. Besides, it's about time someone made Ai come out of her shell. If Eri can do it, why can't the most eye-catching member of Momosu right? I didn't expect Lin Lin and Koharu to be that close. But it did seem that way from the way they interacted. The last bit where she said "I'll cry for you today." Man, it really got to me. It's probably one of the sweetest lines in this MC *sniff*

-----

How many years have it been since I first fell in love with Morning Musume? Frankly I can't remember. I just know that the passion I hold for them is still going strong. And I really wish with all my heart that other fans love them the same way as they did on day 1, if not more as the days go by.

Every time I hear about fans losing interest I feel so sad. Isn't it depressing enough that MM doesn't enjoy high popularity in Japan or sells better?

Please continue to support Morning Musume. The girls deserve that much.

No comments: