Sunday, April 25, 2010

Japan Trip #4 ~ Yokohama part 2 & Ueno part 1

After returning from Chinatown, we arrived at the hostel quite late in the night. I can't remember what time it was ^^; But we were the last few to check in as our luggage were all still in the lobby. There was this metal bar with a chain and lock where we could secure our stuff. We had left them there when we first reached the 'Port Yokohama Hostel.' We couldn't keep our belongings in the room in the day as it wasn't check in time yet @@

A shot of the corridor where the rooms were situated.


The hallway leading up to the bathroom and toilet. Doesn't it look creepy? That door with the cracked glass panel is the shower. I kept thinking that a hand will appear all of a sudden and strangle me or something. XD And the last scene in that movie, 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' kept flashing in my mind. *shivers*


The sheets and towel return area. The door you see is where my room is. Imagine opening your door and coming face to face with this red light in the dead of the night. No wonder I had a nightmare^^; It didn't help that we had an encounter with a big, tall and drunk man. He knocked on our door and when we opened it, he just stood there staring at us while mumbling some incoherent words. Badsaints was the bravest among as all. She calmly asked the man "Yes? Can I help you?" all the while without flinching. A true heroine indeed :D There were more stories to this but I won't write it here :P


This is how the interior of the room looks. Isn't it neat? Well that's cuz this is Badsaints and Estrea's room XD Mine and Stef's throughout the trip always look as though a tornado has hit it :P Another reason for not using my room is cuz I forgot to take a picture of it before locking up and dropping off the key in the key return box when we had to check out ^^; Hence I had no choice but to run back upstairs and barge into BS and E's room to take this shot XD




A picture of the train that we took to the place we did some shopping. I took this because it reminded me of a scene in Risa and Koharu's PB. You know which ones I'm referring to right?



Woman's only carriage. There are specific times for this. Too bad we didn't board the train at those times. I would have liked to see how the men are kept out XD



-----

We ate MacDonalds for lunch. You're probably thinking "What?! Why have fastfood in Japan?" The menu here is totally different from that in my country so I'm alright with trying it. I had an ebi burger. It's not that good though. But then again, I'm not the greatest seafood fan ^^;
The Japanese are really thorough when it comes to recycling. Not only do you clear your own table and trays, you even seperate the trash before dumping them.


Is it a coincidence that Yokohama has so many pier themed places?


If you like shopping, you should really visit this place. I didn't have enough time to finish walking the whole building! :(


-----

On the day we went to Akihabara, me and Stef also went to Ueno. Oh and there was Shibuya too. But I'll talk about Shibuya in another post :)

At Ueno Park, the Sakura flowers had bloomed. There were two rows of Sakura trees and when you walked on the path in between, it's like having the most romantic experience *dreams* How nice if Risa / Eri / Sayumi was with me. What? I can fantasize can't I? :P


Sakura petals on the ground.


At this temple, I sounded the bell with that rope hanging from the ceiling.


Outside was this place where you could tie the fortunes which you have prayed for. I think you do this if the lot wasn't a good one? Then you could wish it away or something. It was a pretty sight when the breeze blew and the papers fluttered in the wind ^^


Again another possible romantic scene. Buy a small wooden block and write down your wish. I bet some smart guy or girl would have tried confessing this way. Bring their partner here and innocently show them the piece with the wish of them being together forever written on it. Okay okay, I admit it, I'm a sucker for such things XD


Part 2 of Ueno and Shibuya will be in the next entry. Wait for it (^_^)

No comments: