Saturday, September 4, 2010

H!P's Popularity Ranking for China

I've always liked rankings/polls, both doing them myself and seeing the results after the completion. There was one done by CDJapan recently and now there's another by Chinese fans. I have to say I was surprised by some of the girls' rankings.

1) Ai

I no longer have any doubt that Ai is the most popular member within MM in any country. And I mean ANY. It's obvious from the amount of attention she gets in every nation that the group visits and it's not hard to see why. I'm fully supportive of leader getting first spot.

2) Reina

However, Reina getting 2nd place baffles me. I mean, I thought that her attitude would be the type that most females dislike. So is she polled so high due to the efforts of male fans? But then again, I always thought that more girls as compared to guys bother with such online rankings or even following idols so closely. Maybe I thought wrong and Momosu has just as many guy and girl fans who are enthusiastic :)

3) Lin Lin

JunLin in the top 5 is to be expected. Their fellowmen would vote for them no? And being a Chinese speaking country, they would most probably like someone whom they can understand. I don't know if I should be surprised that Lin is 2 spots higher than the elder.

4) Airi

I really didn't expect the lead singer of C-ute to be #4. Is the group that known there?

5) Jun Jun

See point 3 above.

6) Eri

7) Risa

I didn't think Kame would be out of the top 5. And I definitely didn't see Gaki as a top 10 contender. So maybe the sales of the bean's goods in H!P official stores doesn't reflect her general popularity out of Japan?

8) Risako

Just like C-ute's star, the face of Berryz is in the front 10 as well. And again I wonder, how known is the 'Monkey dance' group there? They don't even have overseas versions of their concerts DVD.

9) Sayumi

How could the bunny be almost out of all 10 positions? I thought she would be placed much higher since a lot of positive comments were made about the "Doll-like looking girl with the fair skin and dark hair" on that Tian Tian Xiang Shang show screened on China (Hunan) TV.

10) Miyabi

Funnily the other lead singer of BK is ranked but not Maimi? How could that be???

No comments: