Monday, February 2, 2009

Come On! Come On! Come On!

Nai Chau Kamo or ‘I Might Cry’ will be released on February 18th 2009. Being MM’s first single for the year, you could say I had high hopes for it. While having expectations is not always a good idea since you tend to get disappointed when things don’t turn out the way you want them to, I think it’s safe to say I am one happy camper after viewing the HQ version of the PV endless times. Yep, HAPPY!!! (dakara happy~~~) Geez, I have to stop singing Koharu/Kirarin songs XD. So the PV wasn’t the most creative, repetitive at best and I can pick out more than a couple of dance steps and backdrops that were reused in one or more of their older songs. But hey, at least the girls looked beautiful and the song didn’t get annoying after repeated listens. Some things I liked and found funny about the ‘Kamo’ song in order of appearance. (I thought they were singing Come On x 3~!) That explains the title of this post.



Moments I go YAY!

1. Ai-chan’s hair (There seems to be fans for and against her hairstyle but personally I like it)

2. The lack of a towel on Eri’s head (She had a hood or something in the promo pics on the official website. Thank god they didn’t make her wear it in the PV)

3. Jun Jun’s hair (I never thought the day of me complimenting her would ever come. But yes, I do think she looks cool with cornrows)

4. Sayu’s solo line (The girl can sing!! So what if she took almost 6 years to do it :D)

5. Ai-chan crying (Don’t cry Ai-chan. Go get Risa to console you :P)

6. Eri’s sad expression (Once again, I’m positive thousands would gladly die for her)

7. Risa dancing (Gaki-san is a true all rounder in my eyes. She is a competent singer/dancer/host/etc)

8. Sayu in a red leather coat (Hawt HAWT HAWT, her hair helped a lot)

9. Eri’s solo line (I really like her voice. It’s so distinct and soothing)

10. Wet Koharu (Daaa-mn, aim the water hose at her 24/7 please XD)

11. Koharu’s hair (Both the cool and wavy styles. Curls on the ‘Miracle’ is never a wrong move)

12. Sayumi’s second solo line (It was low, husky and so very sexy. Not to mention she was in tune with the song :P)

13. Eri dancing (To me, Kame will ALWAYS be the best dancer within MM <3)

14. Risa's solo (Well I am a Mame fan)

15. Sayumi dancing (She finally lost the ‘deer in headlights look’ and can concentrate fully on appearing droolsome)

16. The wardrobe not looking as bad as originally thought (The nightmares I had after seeing those promotional pictures are gone for good. Who knew rain worked so well in camouflaging unflattering outfits?)


The LE, RE and Single V Covers




Laughable Moments

1. Aika trying to emote (Being just 16, you can’t blame her for failing to project the correct emotions)

2. Jun Jun looking like a wet chicken (Somebody had an accident with a pail of water XD)

3. Reina’s ridiculous pout (It so did not go with the theme of the song. Maybe if it were a cute song that would have worked)

4. Lin Lin's disheveled look (I didn’t know she had a starring role in ‘Qian Lin and the case of the runaway hair brush XD)

5. Lin Lin’s head piece (I’m almost certain a staff member is bearing a grudge against her. That hat could double up as a prop on Old Macdonald’s poultry farm)

I thought the raining scenes were done exceedingly well. The wall of umbrellas and rain effect matched the overall theme of the video and while it was pretty obvious that the girls weren’t really soaked, each of them managed to project a somewhat forlorn feel. With the exception of Aika as mentioned earlier. Despite having some flaws, I’m still a firm believer that this song is a winner.


Live Performance on the MM x TRF Collab Show




Subbed Version of the PV



1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Lin Lin's disheveled look (I didn’t know she had a starring role in ‘Qian Lin and the case of the runaway hair brush')"

+

"That hat could double up as a prop on Old Macdonald’s poultry farm"

= you had me dying here XD XD XD
I can't stop laughing, even now. Good call on those, eheh.