Monday, February 23, 2009

Hammy and the Mamestalk

Hands up all of you who have read or heard of the story ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’? Most of you would have and as a kid, I did too. It wasn’t my favorite fable (I liked ‘Sleeping Beauty’ XD), although it was one story which left me with a deep impression.

Fast forward to the present, to a world where I have discovered my very own beanstalk. One of the Niigaki variety :D As a fan of MM and H!P in general, I never thought much about buying their CDs, DVDs, photobooks and other concert merchandise. A true fan should support their beloved idols by purchasing their products. However, when the obsession reaches a stage where it starts to creep into my daily life… it deserves its very own blog post! (What did you think I was gonna say XD)

And so, I present to you some examples of how my love for Gaki-san and her fellow beanmates..oops, I meant BANDmates, have affected my choices when shopping or otherwise.


I got these made a long time back. Which explains why I got the blue instead of a red. You can’t see it in this picture but the words ‘gaki-san' are on the other side of the green wristband.



I call this my keypod and it fits my door and room keys inside snugly. It’s made of rubber and prevents my stuff from getting scratched. This happens a lot since I usually just throw my things into my bag without first putting them in separate compartments.


GakiKame / KameMame anyone? I swear I didn’t think of the turtle and bean pair when I bought these shoes. It only struck me after I wore them the first time.



It’s the same for the fishy fishy. I've been poisoned too deeply by the KameMame virus :P Is there a proper name for these things? One keeps my cellphone handsfree kit in place while the other prolongs the life of my mp3 player earphones.



I have a planner to remind me of what I need to do and to note down random stuff. This year, I got one from ‘Muji’ as I really liked the natural look. On a whim, I bought some of those glitter stickers that Japanese girls love to stick on their phone or Nintendo DS lite and ended up with this. I know it's not much but I'm really proud of it :D

There are so many new clips out these couple of days. MM have appeared on a couple of TV programmes to promote 'Naichau Kamo' (Sayumi, GakiKoha etc.), Music Fighter, the making of the NK PV, in addition to the Hawaii FC tour DVD. All of which I have yet to watch and blog about. Hopefully I'll find time to touch on those in the next few posts.

5 comments:

steph said...

o-o

SIA LAAAAAA! Seriouslyyyy...

ROFL!!

So did ya decorate your planner at home or when you were at work =P

OnDiet said...

Where did you get those bands?! I want to make an Eri one too!

Your keypod was the one you bought the other time when we went out? *looks familiar*

Last thing, dress in Orange and Green the next time we meet up :D

Anonymous said...

Woah! Nice haul of Green Goodness!!!

When I went in to Plymouth today, I waltzed in to GAME to buy some err...games (for my xbox) and whilst I was paying I noticed a Gaki Green xbox controller in the cabinet behind the till. So...I had to buy one. It's gonna be my most used controller <3

Those wristbands you have. Did you post them on JPHiP? Long before we were in contact? They look awfully familiar ^^

Hammy said...

@steph: I did it at home. During Hammy Potter time XD

@OnDiet: Yep it was. I bought it when we were out that day. I didn't end up wearing any green or orange in the end, LOL. Would've been awfully striking and I didn't feel like standing out.

@CPC: Are you gonna post a pic of that controller? I feel like getting a PSP to replace my mp3 player. But I can't decide, as usual :P

There were posted on JPHIP way back in the day. How could I have gotten a Reina band if it was recent? :D

I'm still waiting for that email. I don't mean to rush you as I know how busy you are having to prepare for the tests. But I miss talking to you!!! I guess I could survive with the texting :(

Anonymous said...

I will take a picture of the controller and randomly post it on my blog, just for you :D

It's really strange how a number of people who were Reina fans, switched to Risa. I don't think we've talked about this in our e-mails so when you reply to mine - tell me how that happened.

Also, I forgot about the mp3 thing in my e-mail. Don't get a PSP to use it as a music player... They're so big! Plus I'm one of those people who don't see the point in things like that. Like the other day my dad bought a Sat Nav and said 'you can put music on it too'. Why the hell would you want to put music on a Sat Nav? Maybe it's just something I'll never understand...

I have no actual real suggestions though, as I'm an AiPod, iPooed...err...iPod girl :P