Monday, January 9, 2012

Goodbye My Little Omame...

When the news about Risa graduating broke, I was a little skeptical about it's authenticity. After all, it has been barely 6 months since Ai left the group. I didn't think that the bean would graduate so soon. I thought that she would at least be leader for a year.

After the news was confirmed, it seemed that she had planned this all along. With Ai that is. Apparently they had wanted to graduate together. But after discussing, she had decided to stay behind until the newer members became more stable. I guess May this year is the time she thought that her presence was no longer needed. Yet I beg to differ. Even if the 9th gen were okay now, the 10th gen couldn't be independent yet could they?

Somehow I think Risa isn't too comfortable with singing and dancing songs like the recent release. She is 23 years old, 24 in 2012. Does she really want to continue performing such songs? Although I should be sad that Mame-chan will no longer be in MM, I can't say I'm overly depressed about this.

I don't know if it's because I've become somewhat numb with all the graduations. Or that this isn't a surprise with the one girl (or more) leaving pattern every year. But yes, I'm not killing myself over this. In fact, I don't feel as devastated about Risa graduating as compared to Koharu, Eri and Ai in the past.

Perhaps this is due to the current MM not being the one which I love. So even if she left, it wouldn't make a difference. In a way, I'm hoping for Sayumi to grad as well. Why can't they let GakiShige grad together. Then there will be closure for me.

With the amount of work Sayusuke has over the rest, I don't see how she can perform the tasks that comes with being leader. Maybe the company took this into consideration and will let Reina be leader instead. And that's the reason why the next leader hasn't been announced. I know Yossui and someone else ever remarked that the bunny would make a good leader. I don't doubt her capabilities, I just wonder if she would have the time and energy to do it, without KameMame by her side.

Will the little more than half a year period be enough for Sayumin to pick up everything that she has to know from Gaki-san if she indeed became the next leader? Only time will tell. But one thing's for sure, 2012 will be a new era for H!P. One that doesn't have both the MM and H!P leader as the same person. Will this new beginning be something good for the entire H!P? I hope so. Because even if all my favourite girls left, I don't want to see what they have worked so hard to create fail after they have gone.

Ganbatte in everything you do after graduating from MM Gaki-san. You are a special individual and no matter what some people might say, MM without you, isn't the same.

No comments: