Sunday, July 25, 2010

Biker Chick Eri ~ A Revival Part 2

4) Varooommmmmmm...

See this magazine that Eri is on? What's different about it? It's a cover!!! It's not just a random page in a magazine anymore :) When I first heard about this I was super happy for the turtle! I mean, it's already rare that MM girls get to be in mags. And it's usually Ai, Sayu or to a lesser extent, Reina. So I was over the moon that Kamei would get her chance as well ^_^ What's more she gets to be cover girl! Did I mention she is on the cover?? XD Yep, I'm that ecstatic.


As soon as I found out what the title was and the issue, I zoomed to the local Japanese bookstore and tried to get myself and OnDiet a copy. I was disheartened when the guy manning the Japanese book counter told me they didn't carry this magazine :( Not wanting to believe it, I tried calling up another branch and this time, the girl told me they have it but it was sold out! I was thinking to myself, why do these 2 people working for the same bookstore tell me different things? Also, how could a mag that was so new be sold out so fast?

In the back of my mind, I wondered if they did not understand me properly since they were both Japanese people. *Sigh* I already tried my best to speak as clearly as I could in addition to providing all the relevant information. The only thing I didn't do was speak in Japanese accented English XD


Since I was adamant to try all ways and means to get this mag, seeing how cute and cool the usually aho Kame was, I tried again. I called a third branch and tried the 2nd store again. This time, I was able to talk to a local who, bless her kind heart, was really nice and patient. The best part was that we didn't have any communication problems. She told me that there were a few covers for the same issue as they were printed for the different regions. Eri's was for Shutoken and it was the 2 August 2010 issue though it's already released for sale on 2 July 2010.

Now here comes the good and bad news. Which do you wanna hear about first? The good part? Okay. <-- Yep, I've gone bonkers and now I've started talking to myself.

Anyway, she said that the bookstore did carry the Shukoken region 'Goo Bike.' Here comes the bad news... but they have since stopped bringing them in...since 2009!!!

WHAT THE HELL right?? I mean...WHAT THE HELL!!! I was so positively happy when she said they have the Shukoken's over toukai's and whichever other place this mag was printed for. Then she had to drop the bomb that there was no way I could get it cuz their supplier doesn't have this mag in their list anymore. *SOBS* Poor heart-broken Ham :( No Eri for me :( :( :( And I REALLY wanted it too. How often do you see Eririn posing with a motorbike and dressed in such a cool fashion? NEVER! And I especially love her hair in this. *wails* I want my Kame damnit! *grumbles*

When I texted OD about this she replied with a really hilarious comment. Unfortunately I can't remember what it was now since I have a terrible memory. And after going through my cellphone for some time to try and find it, I realized it was impossible since I have too much stuff inside. You'll just have to take my word that OD is one funny and sometimes kinda mean person for saying such things :P


I even tried looking online at the usual stores I get my MM stuff but nope, none of them seem to carry this mag. Hence 'Goo Bike' 2 August 2010 for the Shukoken region, we have no fate of ever being together *weeps*

No comments: