Tuesday, September 15, 2009

MM + Anime Part 1: Takahashi Ai

I have always hoped that the girls in MM will get to act in dramas/movies to garner a wider fanbase and subconsciously, I may have put a little too much thought into this as I can somehow see the members in different animes as I watch them.

Leader will start the ball rolling in the first post of this 'MM + Anime' series and imo, I think Ai-chan would fit the lead role in this particular anime - Jigoku Shoujo.

Ths story goes like this. I'll gonna just quote wikipedia since I'm too lazy to rephrase it :P

"Most episodes are self-contained short stories in which the series narrates the suffering of a different individual caused by one or more antagonists. In general during each arc, the protagonists' dramas are explained in detail from the start of their grudges, through the escalation of their torment until it becomes unbearable and they resort to accessing the Hell Correspondence website. Although in general, the client gives the antagonist a chance, he or she usually ends up pulling the string on his or her doll and sending the antagonist to hell. Once they have pulled the string, before taking the antagonist to hell, Ai Enma punishes the person for his or her sins with the help of her companions."

Isn't it too much of a coincidence that the starring character is called Ai too? Look at the pictures and tell me you can't see a resemblance between Enma Ai and the Ai in Sakuragumi's Sakura Mankai PV.

We all know Ai is capapble of shooting an evil glare if she wants to.

But she can also look sweet, sexy and sad.

Hora, more S(s). More coincidences.

Ai's eyes are even the same shape as the anime's. Go watch her PB making ofs and you'll see what I mean.


I can easily imagine her in such a scene.

And this too.

A live action version of this anime has been made for TV. Unfortunately the producers are blind and didn't invite Ai-chan for the role. I still think that she would have made a much better Enma Ai. Furthermore, Ai looks great in school uniform and the kimono, both of which are outfits that the character wears a lot.




No comments: